The Trinity congregation in Maryland was started based on core values and passions of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana (PCG) and with the direction of the Lord. The core values of PCG are:
- The Centrality of the Word of the Lord
- Hard work
- Upholding Democratic Principles
- Godly Leadership and Skills Development
- Sound Moral Principles
The above Core Values describe qualities we want to embody as we go about our Vision and Mission:
- A Church centered in Jesus: We are and will continue to be a “Jesus church,” finding our life, health, vision, and strength in the person of Jesus Christ. We will keep Jesus at the center of our faith and life together. (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20)
- Life rooted in Scripture: We value Scripture - the Bible - as the basis for understanding who God is and how to orient our lives fully around him. (Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Relationships formed in Community: We value authentic Christian community as a necessary context in which spiritual formation can occur. (John 13:35; Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Faith expressed in Action: We value action empowered by the Holy Spirit as a natural outflow of our faith in Jesus, expressing God’s love, compassion, and justice in word and deed in our everyday lives. (Micah 6:8; Ezekiel 36:26-27; Matthew 25:34-40; James 1:27)
Our Passion is to be a growing community, where we are always connected with Christ, so that together can serve God joyfully
I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them. (Jeremiah 32:39).
That they all may be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. (John 17:24).